How and where do I enrol my child at preschool?

Enrolment details for 2016

ACT Public School Preschool enrolments for 2016 will open on Tuesday 28th April, 2015. All enrolments are now managed through an on line application system.

Please click the following link for the most current information from the Education and Training Directorate web site.

Education and Training Directorate Enrol

What age does my child need to be to start Preschool in Canberra?

Children must turn 4 on or before April 30.

What is a Playschool?

Independent Playschools are specifically designed to prepare three to four year old children for preschool. Playschools are unique to Canberra providing play based educational programs in a preschool style format. Session times and age groups vary. Please contact individual services for further information.

Read more about Playschools

How do I get involved in my Preschool Parents Association or Playschool Committee?

Elections are held at an AGM. Have a chat with someone on the current committee or one of your educators to see what help might be needed.

We don’t have a parent committee anymore but I would like to be involved. What can I do?

Contact the office and we can chat to you about some of your ideas.

I have never been on a committee before what do I do?

Click on the following to take you to a step by step guide.
  • President
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary
  • Fundraising Officer
  • General Members

Read more about committee roles

My school and preschool are talking about amalgamation. What should we do?

We have loads of information about this process that is available to you. Please contact the office to discuss this further.

What is an Annual Return form?

The AR is a form that needs to be submitted to the Office of Regulatory Services immediately following your committees Annual General Meeting (AGM). This form will update all required information in one go including your committee details. A full Audit statement needs to be attached to this document.

The Change of Committee Particulars (A9) only needs to be lodged IF your committee members change between the AGMS.